The Grand Ball
Join us for the 2017 Jane Austen Festival Grand Ball, Saturday night, July 15th, 7:30 to 10:30 p.m., Spalding University Center Building.
Click HERE to view the list of dances for the 2017 Jane Austen Festival Grand Ball.
To prepare (for local attendees), dance practice sessions will be provided by the Louisville English Country Dancers (ECD):
Practice sessions in Louisville:
Will meet at Collins Hall at St. Andrews Episcopal Church (2233 Woodbourne Ave., Louisville, KY 40205).
June 11 - 3:00 - 5:00 Louisville ECD regular dance along with dances on the Festival Grand Ball program
June 18 - 3:00 - 4:30 Festival Grand Ball practice
June 25 - 3:00 - 5:00 Louisville ECD regular dance along with dances on the Festival Grand Ball program
July 2 - 3:00 - 4:30 Festival Grand Ball practice
July 9 - 3:00 - 5:00 Louisville ECD regular dance along with dances on the Festival Grand Ball program
For those attendees coming in on Friday, there will be a “Cram for the Exam” practice session, Friday night, July 14th, 8:00 to 10:00 p.m. at Spalding Student Center.
For local and out-of-town attendees, please visit the Louisville English Country Dancers website for more information about the dances and videos of the dances. To contact them, please direct your inquiries to Dancers@LouisvilleECD.org.
To sign up for The Grand Ball, please see our Festival Registration page. Registration begins June 8th, Noon EDT. The Grand Ball is $25 per person.
RECOMMENDED DIRECTIONS TO SPALDING UNIVERSITY CENTER BUILDING:
- Turn LEFT out of Locust Grove heading EAST on BLANKENBAKER Lane.
- At the traffic light, make a RIGHT onto BROWNSBORO Rd (US-42).
- Make a LEFT onto STORY Avenue (Brownsboro will turn into Story when forced to go LEFT or right.
- Follow STORY and make a slight RIGHT at the traffic island onto E. MAIN Street.
- Turn LEFT onto FIRST STREET (1st) Street.
- Turn RIGHT onto Broadway.
- Turn LEFT onto FOURTH (4th) Street. Spalding University Center Building will be on your right, 824 South 4th Street, Louisville, KY 40203.